• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl print for vehicle tires side wall..??

coastguy111

This may be a very old product and not used anymore for whatever reasons. But I recently came across a site(of course cant remember) and I think it was a Gerber printer, and it had a printing option and specific type of material/vinyl that would adhere to the sidewalls of a vehicles tires.
Probably a bit to much in terms of graphics and eventually fazed out. Is anyone familiar with what I am speaking about outta curiosity?

toonsign

Can you use cast vinyl for lettering tires?

Hi,

Just read with curiosity this post and would like to ask if there is a vinyl that could be cut on a Roland GX-24 and the decal applied to tires?

Thank you,

Fred
Melbourne FL

T_K

Why don't you just cut a strip off and see if it adheres to your tires? That would be the easiest way to find out.

We've got numerous requests to put vinyl on non-standard surfaces. We have to test them to see if it's possible.

My suspicion is that the cast vinyl would not hold up well long term, but I could be wrong.