• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Rack - Twister Tower by Yellotools

joshGN

I've been looking at new storage ideas...I've seen GG's racks, nice stuff...and all the usuals...

I ran across this and its a lil different than usual

See Video...

[video=youtube;qHpZX65So4w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHpZX65So4w[/video]

I cant find this on their website for sale...

Does anyone have one of these? Seems like it'd be prone to falling over...

I'm also trying to figure out how to make one myself....its just a strut channel with a bolt in the pole...

Any help or insight is appreciated..

Last edited by a moderator:

rjssigns

Too much wasted space. Never understood the idea of vinyl racks having to be mobile either. My stuff stays put since it's out of the way to begin with.

Here is my solution that unless you get materials for nothing is the cheapest rack system around.

Years ago I needed a way to store all my 15"-24" rolls. I went to Home Depot bought a bunch of 2x4's and 10' lengths of 1/2" EMT(electrical conduit). I cleaned up the lumber and stained it. Using a Forstner bit I punched evenly spaced holes in the face at a 10 degree angle. I mounted a double row to the long wall and a bunch of rows to the short wall.

There is no wasted space and I can make them whatever length I want and place them wherever there is wall space. Wouldn't be too difficult to put it on wheels if you wanted.

Maybe because I spent 26 years in a custom fab shop I have a skewed view.

joshGN

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thats fine if you have the wall space...

I have more floor space than wall space....so this would better suit my situation...

MikeD

I may be paranoid, but I always try to put unused material back into a poly bag to keep dust off, and then back into a cardboard box to help keep humidity away from the roll.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I wonder if the pen strong enough to be used as a breaker bar comes with the rack, I could use some of those.....

wayne k
guam usa

rjssigns

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thats fine if you have the wall space...

I have more floor space than wall space....so this would better suit my situation...

One of these then: http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-Rolling-Vinyl-Storage-Rack-168-roll-Capacity

Way more rolls can be stored and it can be placed tight against a wall if need be. I think it would be a fun and cheap project to build.

As far as my wood rack idea it would not take much to make it mobile. Find a starving carpenter in your town. They could knock out a wheeled rack in less than a day.

Sheric1968

Pictures to share?

Too much wasted space. Never understood the idea of vinyl racks having to be mobile either. My stuff stays put since it's out of the way to begin with.

Here is my solution that unless you get materials for nothing is the cheapest rack system around.

Years ago I needed a way to store all my 15"-24" rolls. I went to Home Depot bought a bunch of 2x4's and 10' lengths of 1/2" EMT(electrical conduit). I cleaned up the lumber and stained it. Using a Forstner bit I punched evenly spaced holes in the face at a 10 degree angle. I mounted a double row to the long wall and a bunch of rows to the short wall.

There is no wasted space and I can make them whatever length I want and place them wherever there is wall space. Wouldn't be too difficult to put it on wheels if you wanted.

Would like to see a picture of this finished product.

kheebl

Do you have any pictures of the rack, sounds like something I need to build.

rjssigns

attachment.php
Here ya go. I pulled the rolls out a bit so you could see the fine craftsmanship.LOL

Attachments

• vinyl storage 2.jpg
    vinyl storage 2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 199