• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl reccomendations

JKADesigns

I have a customer whos starting a canoeing/tubing business and need vinyl logos. They want something that'll hold up on rubber, fiberglass, wood, etc. etc. I told them I thought the best thing to do would be to paint the logos on.

I can't imagine what to use on rubber inner tubes and all the abuse that they will get, so I am guessing some kind of stretchy paint. I told them I would cut stencils out for them.

I was also recommended to use Scotchall Electrocut films, and I have some of that in stock that's about 10 yrs old and I would be buying a brand new roll for this project. Any other recommendations for a extremely durable, sticky vinyl that would stand up in a marine application? Or for paint? Thanks!!!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Arlon DPF 8000 will stick to just about anything, Convex makes a low surface energy vinyl as well.