• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl recommendation for digitally printed contour-cut wall graphics

dzign

Please advise on a type of vinyl with and without laminate that can be digitally printed for a permanent installation onto a satin finish latex painted wallboard for an interior wall inside a gym. I'm also interested in a removable type that can be used too and how long it lasts. I'd like to know what has been tried out there and your experience with it's longevity and if there were any problems with installation, longevity, or peeling problems.

MikePro

so much out there. kind of a broad question that can have a million combinations of answers.
1: ALWAYS laminate when kids can get their hands on it... especially in gymnasiums that most likely use some harsh cleaners to wipe loogies and spitballs off of surfaces.
2: permanence + removability? bet you want lowest price too? can't have it all...

and above all else...

3: ask your source...what's your supplier recommend / have to offer? any recommendation here means nothing if you can't get your hands on it.

We have used General Formulations Concept 234, Graphitex. It is a polyester film so it has zero stretching. Its also like 7mil thick, goes on very easy. We have done several walls with it, and it works great with no lamination. Just keep in mind can't be cleaned with detergents since its not laminated though.

CS-SignSupply

General Formulations offers two wall graphic materials...

GraphiTex (234) 7mil and their WallMark (226 & 227) in 6mil & 3.4mil

Give me a call for pricing on the 54" rolls.

Mike_Koval

The Graphitex is a very nice product. We recently picked up the product for our offering.

We stock both 30" and 54" products. Please feel free to contact me to discuss or for samples. Thanks!

gabagoo

I too was in need of this product but my dealer only would sell a full roll, which basically means it will sit for a long time before I may use it again...if ever.

I did however find that Proveer had a 25 yard roll of the Avery product (MPI 2611) which is designed for walls as well. This way way I only waste 20 yards of material lol

dzign

We'll need to cut whatever material we use also on a plotter for some large lettering and semi-intricate designs. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

dzign

I was wondering if it would be possible to use Oracal 3651 for instance, and laminate with oraguard 215, if necessary. We've been installing this material on latex-coated MDO with no problems.