• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl removal easy as pie...yeah right!

petepaz

i was watching an episode of muscle car yesterday and they were doing a spot repair on a camaro hood (it had a couple of small dents) and they had to remove the SS stripe. so the guy proceeds to remove it like it was vinyl that was just applied (it probably was) and says you have to go slow or it will tear and i agree with him there but he took a small like 3/16 stripe and about a 9in stripe off both in one piece. chances of that actually happening on vinyl that has been on for a while slim to none. i wish it was that easy i would remove vinyl all the time, it would be great fun if it came off as easy as it went on...haha

Stuckup

LOL, I finished at 11pm tonight, finally got out of there at 12.30am, unfortunately after I spotted a guy removing low calibre vinyl stickers, on walls, tiles and glass. I thought he was just a hard done by contractor. Oops. no, I did help him and left all my removal tools with him after a little training and waffling. They printed over 20 000 stickers, and they were installed by shoppers in that room.:Oops: I only swore at him twice, after he said who he was LOL.To be honest, NO removal is difficult. Just different procedures.You dont ask you dont find out.

visual800

when i bought my dually it was all white with these beautiful black pintrips on it that finished out at he end of bed in a lighting strike...AWESOME! NOT! while they vaccumming it out i was pulling those stripes off in the service area. they hadnt been on there long and they came right off no adhesive or nothing.

Im sure they put those just for the show to demonstrate how you too can be a decals and stripe remover

showcase 66

My cousin worked for a body shop that used to do a show like that. He would tell me all the crap they would do to make everything look so easy. For striping like that, they would remove it first then re apply it then remove it for the cameras. Or the car would come in with no striping on it, they would add it and then remove it for the camera. Makes them look better when it looks like the "Pro's" can do it really quick with no problems.

This happened on a small shop tv show, so I would assume that the larger shows would do the same thing if not more.