• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl rubberizing machine????

wildhock

Hello All,

Wasn't sure where to post this question. I have been told there is a piece of equipment/technology to create a rubberized decal. From what I understand, the decal is created in a layering process and a clear liquid is applied on top of the decal and it is "baked" in some type oven/machine. After about an hour, the decal comes out and it is in a rubberized condition.

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks,

Jon

ChiknNutz

Sounds like some sort of doming (applying a flexible epoxy to the decals). I don't think it's quite that automated though...maybe.

WVB

The only thing I know of is doming. Cut your vinyl out, weed it and then apply the clear epoxy which will rise up such as yeast. Its a very tricky process and all hand done. You must apply just the right amount otherwise it will overlap the pre-cut vinyl...

I know they sell basic/starter kits for around $99...

jdb

There is a product at the sign supply I go to that has a solution you spread on vinyl after it's weeded. It does'nt travel past the edge of the vinyl and dries rubbery and thick. Cool looking stuff. It comes in a can, looks like clear. I would think this would be cheeper than investing in any equipment because it seems this would be something that would not be utilized often. Very nice effect though.

jkkt

This looks interesting, but none of the links to order or even see prices are working for me. Any idea on costs for starter kit?

jkkt

There is a product at the sign supply I go to that has a solution you spread on vinyl after it's weeded. It does'nt travel past the edge of the vinyl and dries rubbery and thick. Cool looking stuff. It comes in a can, looks like clear. I would think this would be cheeper than investing in any equipment because it seems this would be something that would not be utilized often. Very nice effect though.

name on this product?

wildhock

Thanks for all of the responses guys. There is a sign shop that is part of a semi accessory store down in Florida that is doing this process. My brother-in-law is a trucker and friends with the owner. He is going to talk with him to find out what the product/process is. Once I find out if it is the doming process, I will let you all know.

Thanks, Jon

gabagoo

i purchased the kit and found it to be to labour intensive to charge an appropriate price for it. Also the epoxy cartridges only have a 6 month shelf life. There are companies that do have automated machines that will do many at one time.