• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl shops in mall?

synergy_jim

We have a vinyl / tshirt shop in our mall. They do tons of copy protected stuff.... I assume they will be sued out of existence soon....

WildWestDesigns

We have a vinyl / tshirt shop in our mall. They do tons of copy protected stuff.... I assume they will be sued out of existence soon....

We have a lot of the heat press kiosk shops and like synergy says, they do a lot of copyrighted stuff. I rarely see the same one for any length of time though. always seems like it's slightly different kiosk, but offering the same thing.

Edna

We don't have any mall hear, but thier is a vinyl guy in the truck stop on interastate 29 about 30 mile south on hear. he makes anything you want, pee on ford, chevy, harley stickers. lots of semi truck lettering. Kinda wear I got the idea to get a sticker cutter to go with my emboidery machine.

Pat Whatley

None here. I got approached about doing it years ago and laughed at them. Required to be open 9:00am - 9:00pm Monday-Saturday and 1:00-6:00 on Sundays, rent double what comporable space would be, and a never ending stream of walk-in "How much is a sign?" questions.

Nope.

rjssigns

Everyone that tried to make it in the "big" mall never lasted more than a few months. They all must have been a "We Only Steal Copyrighted Work" franchise. Nothing but H-D, Ford, Chevy, etc...

ironchef

In my local mall theres two, one at each end. Lol all copyright stuff and license plates/covers, the other does same kind of stickers plus shirts.

IGD

So are yall hinting that a mall kiosk would be a bad idea, im also new to this industry and also it also crossed my mind

J

john1

I tell ya, At the malls around here the kiosk's are F'n expensive! For a little booth with one of those carts that's about 8x3' they are wanting $2000.

Think about how many crappy cell phone cases and stupid scarfs those people in the malls year round have to sell, To me there is NO WAY they are making money.

IGD

I tell ya, At the malls around here the kiosk's are F'n expensive! For a little booth with one of those carts that's about 8x3' they are wanting $2000.

Think about how many crappy cell phone cases and stupid scarfs those people in the malls year round have to sell, To me there is NO WAY they are making money.

dang i had no idea it was that expensive!

J

john1

Call around, You will be surprised lol I was thinking they were $500 or something.

rjssigns

At the big mall by me kiosks are run like a mafia operation. You get to pay your exorbitant rent plus a percentage of gross. Then at the end of September your rent more than doubles and percentage of gross goes up until January 1st. They always make sure your lease runs through the "doubling" time of year.
Example: 9 mos. of the year you pay $900+ 3-4% of gross.
October 1st through January 1st you get to pay $2000+ 5-6% of gross.

The above figures are from one of our clients that decided to try a kiosk.

royster13

The amount of rent you pay is only relevant if it affects your bottom line......I have a friend in the sporting goods business.....they have several niche locations where the rent is 4 or 5 times what they pay at their warehouse type locations.....But with the traffic they still make money...

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
sign shop in a mall?

wow.
talk about turning yourself into a plotter queen.

My friend wanted to put his auto stereo shop in a mall. he could not justify the rent. Signs in a mall? that is what the "man cave" store is for...

The best place for a sign shop is to be right next to some world big CEO headquarters...

Christopher