• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Siding Installation

Tonyfavs

We are pricing out an installing a 4x10 of 2mm Dibond on a storefront and it is going on vinyl siding. I haven't done an installation on vinyl siding on something this large. And any advice on how to go about it would be really helpful.

Thanks all

stoliker

Go to Lowe's and get a roll of 2" foam insulation that is designed for window air conditioners, etc. It should have a two sided tape on it. Put that on the back of the dibond around the outer edge. A double cleat system for the top and bottom will hold it in place well. A piece of one by four cut in half with the blade on a 45 will make your cleats. One 8 footer on top and bottom. Screw the cleats to the board before lettering. put in place then screw from top and bottom to join the cleats. Just my two cents and I am sure there are a million ways to do it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you've never done anything like this before.... are you covered insurance-wise and are you capable of doing it without ruining the customer's wall ??

Billct2

On sideing like that we usually build a pan sign on 1x1 tube.
But if it's a budget job you can just screw right to the building and touch up the heads.

DizzyMarkus

Should predrill holes in the siding only slightly larger than the fastners. This allows the siding to expand and contract ....it wont buckle when it gets hot or cold lol

Markus