• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Slitter

cartoad

While cleaning the shop this weekend and doing inventory I came across a vinyl slitter for making stripes. It is designed to mounted on a bench and has several adjustable knives. You pull the vinyl thru it, and there you have the stripes. I think I bought from Fellers (I have no idea why I bought it when I have a plotter and a versa camm:banghead:). Looking in the current Fellers catalog I don't see it, and want to figure out if it is worth selling or to the trash. It is nicely machined, metal and rods with the adjustable knives. Did an internet search, but no luck in finding anything like it. Anyone have any idea what Fellers was asking for this thing? And is it worth trying to find a buyer for it?
Thanks

cartoad

Here is the picture.

Attachments

• slitter.jpg
    slitter.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 84

strypguy

Pic is very small but it Looks very similar to the ronan slitters I have. I have 2" and 6" slitters. They do not make those anymore as far as I know.

John

Patentagosse

As far as I know, it was made by Ronan and sold by vinyl makers such as Universal products and Sharpline (for those like me who did sh*tload of striping few years ago). I have a flyer stating it sells for $235.00 CDN.

I have the 2" in my tool pouch for over 20 years and still use it on a regular base. You just can't get thru this thing. 'Also have the 6" one who has 2 blades mounted. :Canada 2: