• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Storage Rack

greenmachine

I'm not sure where to put this, but here goes;

I'm looking for plans to build a storage rack for 24 inch vinyl rolls, preferrably made out of wood so it could be modified easily. If no plans, how about pictures of what you folks use.

Thanks for any help

greenie

sarge

What i did was take a 3/4 inch plywood and those plastic ends that come in the rolls of vinyl .. i used drywall screws and screwed them into the plywood .. the screws poked through the bottom a little so i ground them off .. why did i make my own? my oldest owns a construction company and i get all the scrap wood i need .. i also worried about the weight of the wall mounted holders with the 24" and 30" vinyl .. we are prone to earthquakes here

animenick65

What i did was take a 3/4 inch plywood and those plastic ends that come in the rolls of vinyl .. i used drywall screws and screwed them into the plywood .. the screws poked through the bottom a little so i ground them off .. why did i make my own? my oldest owns a construction company and i get all the scrap wood i need .. i also worried about the weight of the wall mounted holders with the 24" and 30" vinyl .. we are prone to earthquakes here

Haha, that's exactly what we did. Works well and was cheap cheap. We always keep at least the 30" rolls on the floor. We have a vinyl rack for 15"ers.

greenmachine

I already bought the ready made one. I just don't like it. I prefer wood because you can always modify it to fit in a certain spot or add to it to hold something else like a small draw for accessories. I would also like it to be free standing on the floor.

greenie

Raulrdz

I bought some used slat board and used 12" & 18" chrome standouts (hooks) so that I can arrange the rolls any way I want. Works great and the square metal standouts are super strong.