• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl sugestion for Valuejet 1604

Tagdog

Hello, we started in the sign business a couple years ago. It was an extension of another business we have. We made good with a Summa DC4 and a vinyl cutter. Prints not handled with the Summa DC 4 we outsourced. We recently bought a used Mutoh 1604. The only vinyl I have printed on is Oracal 3640. Seems to be doing the job well, but I am about to order more printable vinyl and was wondering if anyone has good suggestions for other intermediate calendared printable vinyl. We are using Onyx Rip Center. Looking for a good vinyl that will show bold bright colors.

heyskull

We also have a 1604 and have owned it from new and is coming up 6 years old now.
Tried a whole lot of vinyl through it and the best is Oracal by far.
Honestly some of the time it felt like the suppliers had no idea of profiles and heat settings for the materials they were selling.
It has been a costly exercise trying to find the perfect compromise on cost and quality but oracal wins every time.

If you need any help on the machine give pm me as I have learnt a lot on this machine.

SC

jamberry

My company has run the summa dc4 for the past 2 years now and out of all our tests we've come to find that our favorite vinyl for popping colors was Arlon's DPF 4500g. It gives you nice bright colors as well as the boldness of dark colors.