Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl suggestion for concrete wall app

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by eomedia, Oct 25, 2012.

1. eomedia

eomedia Member

May 27, 2012
    Hey guys,

Looking for some suggestions as far as brands/types of adhesive vinyl that would be best for concrete wall application, around a 3 month uptime, in a sheltered but open environment (could be out below freezing temps).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    Tags:
  2. lazaros

lazaros Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Cyprus
    I would have used a 5 mm PVC board. stick the vinyl on the PVC and screw it on the wall. but this will get the job costs higher!

3. thesignexpert

thesignexpert Active Member

Oct 21, 2007
    We have had good results installing Concrete Graphics. It is a foil based media rather than a heat sensitive rough texture film and installs pretty fast regardless of temperature.

4. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
  5. DG7

DG7 New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    I have use 3m Wall Graphics, and it's pretty good, but sometimes I get problems with the corners, especially when the wall is cold or a little bit wet.

I have never try the Arlon one, but I heard it was way better than the one from 3m, and a also cheaper.

The main problem is that you are looking for something for about 3 months, so you may not want to use the products I just told you, (unless the pay is good enough), but I think the first thing you need to check out is the texture of the wall. If its flat, with no texture at all, you may use something like a IJ40, or any other calendared vinyl.

6. TheLairdGuy

TheLairdGuy New Member

Nov 15, 2012
    MACtac has two vinyl's you might have some luck with. Try and get some samples to see if they might work.

1. StreetRap - 3.4-mil matte white vinyl with an aggressive high-tack adhesive and 90# SuperFlat Liner. Designed for short-term application to unsealed, indoor or outdoor, pedestrian concrete or asphalt surfaces or selected smooth to slightly rough wall surfaces.

2. RoughRap - 2.1-mil soft white gloss, hightly conformable PVC film designed for solvent-based ink jet printing. Coated on on one side with a high-tack, permanent, opaque acrylic adhesive. Specifically designed for direct application onto exterior and interior brick walls for a painted on look.

Best of luck!

7. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    hexis also has a concrete wall media