• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl suggestion for concrete wall app

eomedia

Hey guys,

Looking for some suggestions as far as brands/types of adhesive vinyl that would be best for concrete wall application, around a 3 month uptime, in a sheltered but open environment (could be out below freezing temps).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

lazaros

I would have used a 5 mm PVC board. stick the vinyl on the PVC and screw it on the wall. but this will get the job costs higher!

DG7

I have use 3m Wall Graphics, and it's pretty good, but sometimes I get problems with the corners, especially when the wall is cold or a little bit wet.

I have never try the Arlon one, but I heard it was way better than the one from 3m, and a also cheaper.

The main problem is that you are looking for something for about 3 months, so you may not want to use the products I just told you, (unless the pay is good enough), but I think the first thing you need to check out is the texture of the wall. If its flat, with no texture at all, you may use something like a IJ40, or any other calendared vinyl.

TheLairdGuy

MACtac has two vinyl's you might have some luck with. Try and get some samples to see if they might work.

1. StreetRap - 3.4-mil matte white vinyl with an aggressive high-tack adhesive and 90# SuperFlat Liner. Designed for short-term application to unsealed, indoor or outdoor, pedestrian concrete or asphalt surfaces or selected smooth to slightly rough wall surfaces.

2. RoughRap - 2.1-mil soft white gloss, hightly conformable PVC film designed for solvent-based ink jet printing. Coated on on one side with a high-tack, permanent, opaque acrylic adhesive. Specifically designed for direct application onto exterior and interior brick walls for a painted on look.

Best of luck!