• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Suggestions -- Tile Wall

splizaat

Hey guys, We do a TON of wall installations to textured walls etc and recently got a more unusual request that I'm looking for suggestions on.

Customer will be placing ether a printed/laminated or die-cut solid logo (they haven't decided yet) on a tile wall in a restaurant. I've provided an example photo to illustrate the idea (not the individual tiles being colored, but logo spanning over tiles+gaps). Initially my thoughts went to 751, but the more I think about it, 751 isn't going to stick to grout between the tiles.

What vinyl would you suggest for the application? It will need to be cleanable without worries. At this point I'm thinking even if it IS solid color die-cut, I may have to print DPF8000 and heat gun/stretch it into the grout spots. Anyone have better suggestions?

Matt

Attachments

• Concept Image - Tile + Decal.jpg
    Concept Image - Tile + Decal.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 67

TXFB.INS

yeah there was recent thread about this same point, and you are correct have to use a concrete vinyl to get it to stick the grout

MikePro

DPF8000 won't be a good choice if you're attempting to thermalform the grout lines. it will, however span the grout lines and stick just fine, permanently.

i'd still go with the concrete-wrap, looks much cooler when you can wrap texture.