Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl Suggestions -- Tile Wall

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by splizaat, Nov 16, 2013.

1. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Hey guys, We do a TON of wall installations to textured walls etc and recently got a more unusual request that I'm looking for suggestions on.

Customer will be placing ether a printed/laminated or die-cut solid logo (they haven't decided yet) on a tile wall in a restaurant. I've provided an example photo to illustrate the idea (not the individual tiles being colored, but logo spanning over tiles+gaps). Initially my thoughts went to 751, but the more I think about it, 751 isn't going to stick to grout between the tiles.

What vinyl would you suggest for the application? It will need to be cleanable without worries. At this point I'm thinking even if it IS solid color die-cut, I may have to print DPF8000 and heat gun/stretch it into the grout spots. Anyone have better suggestions?

Matt

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    yeah there was recent thread about this same point, and you are correct have to use a concrete vinyl to get it to stick the grout

3. VTSigns

VTSigns Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Signville
    3M IJ480Cv3 will work for this application. It's not cheap but works well on textured surfaces.

4. VISCOM

VISCOM Member

Dec 25, 2011
    New Cumberland PA
    MacTac Rough Wrap... very good cost good also

5. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    DPF8000 won't be a good choice if you're attempting to thermalform the grout lines. it will, however span the grout lines and stick just fine, permanently.

i'd still go with the concrete-wrap, looks much cooler when you can wrap texture.