• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl That won't fade vehicle paint

Jeremy092288

So a customer comes to me and says he wants some vinyl for the door of his truck but he has seen what vinyl does to other vehicles that have had vinyl on for a long period. When it is removed the area underneath looks great while the other area does not.... Anyway I suggest magnets and he says now he wants the look of a real sign and asked me if I had any ideas.... And now I turn to you all....

would Translucent work?

I'm stumped..

Thanks!

D

DARLAK

So a customer comes to me and says he wants some vinyl for the door of his truck but he has seen what vinyl does to other vehicles that have had vinyl on for a long period. When it is removed the area underneath looks great while the other area does not

TRANSLATION = PITA customer

warning stay away...

cartoad

Sell him a wrap, covers it all, protects the paint, more space to advertise on! The best of all solutions, but he may not like the price, lol. Good luck.

RebeckaR

What color is the customer's vehicle?
If it's a light color, such as silver or white, fading probably wouldn't be an issue anyway.
It's been my experience that some reds and blues show fading the most.
Also makes a difference whether the vehicle is well cared for, as in waxed and kept clean so that oxidation doesn't have so much effect.

Urq

Easy solution have the car detailed professionally after words a good buff and wax will work wonders.
At least he will have paint under the Vinyl unlike all the scratches that can be caused by magnets being put off and on.