• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl under clear epoxy??

toodark

I have a custy who wants to have a cut vinyl logo on his garage floor and he will be clear coating with rustoleum epoxy clear coat. Will the vinyl withstand the epoxy clear coat?

Thanks

Mosh

Moisture in the concrete will cause the vinyl to fail down the road, and any epoxy on top of it will crack. Seen it done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't the question, Mosh.

Will the vinyl graphic have a reaction to the epoxy ??

R08

Moisture in the concrete will cause the vinyl to fail down the road, and any epoxy on top of it will crack. Seen it done.

In that cause you might want to put a coat of clear on the bare floor under the decal first.

artbot

surely you don't me rustoleum out of a rattle can??? this guy is way over his head if so. he'll need to seal the cement first, apply the graphic and then use a two part system.

why is so much time and energy dedicated in the graphics industry to douche-ing up stuff?