• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Wall Racks - Need some DIY Instructions.

JP4

Hey Folks...I have been scanning the site and found lots of cool ideas for some wall racks for my rolls of vinyl. I looked at some retail racks and I think I could build my own and save some cash. Anyone have some Instructions or some plan to get me started?
Thanks in advance!
JP

Jackpine

Save yourself time and troubles and look into this type.....strong and holds 16 rolls.

Attachments

• vinyl wall RACK 16 rolls.png
    vinyl wall RACK 16 rolls.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 104

joshGN

i went thru this awhile back...I found this pdf somewhere..it might be helpful...

I have 1 wall rack like posted above and the floor standing rack....

Attachments

• Vinyl-Rack.pdf
    796.2 KB · Views: 513,418

rjssigns

Buy some 2x4's and some 1/2" EMT(electrical conduit). Use a paddle bit and drill holes(big enough for the EMT) in the face of the 2x4's at 10 degree angle. Paint or stain 2x4's and attach to wall. Cut whatever length of EMT you want to hold your rolls and insert in holes. Done.

Dirt cheap and fast to make.

petepaz

we built these racks. for the 24-30" rolls we just built it out of some extra wood left over from jobs. plywood base with the plastic end caps from the rolls of vinyl when they come in screwed to the bottom.
for the larger rolls we welded together the frame and then mounted some 3mm sintra, ordered some tubes from uline. both work really well and we just went to home depot got the wheels so we can move them if we need to.

Attachments

• IMAG1319.jpg
    IMAG1319.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG1318.jpg
    IMAG1318.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG1317.jpg
    IMAG1317.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 113
If you would like to build an awesome rack on a budget, I would highly recommend a rack like the one I designed here. This requires very little work to build, holds up to 96 rolls of vinyl (24 rolls per rack) within an area of less than 3 square feet per rack, and looks great, too. I'm pretty sure we built ours for less than $300. We bought some strut channel from Menards http://www.menards.com/main/electri...ge-green-strut-channel/p-1628654-c-12477.htm0 and painted it black. We also bought 96 1/4" steel round bars cut to 30" lengths and painted them black also. The steel rods are what the rolls hang from and are inserted from the ends, which is why our racks are staggered slightly so the ends can be accessed easily. Some people may prefer a rack where the rods can easily be front loaded, but this rack works great for us.

Attachments

• rack4.jpg
    rack4.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 128
  • rack3.jpg
    rack3.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 98
  • rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 100