• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl will not stick to Banner Material

danky01

I have an order for 2 banners larger than I can print on my VS-300. So, I decided to print, Lam, contour cut and apply the graphics to the banner material. I made the first banner Friday evening and left it on the work table until yesterday. When I looked at the banner yesterday I noticed several places where the graphics were come off the banner material.
I am using Oracal 3651 Vinyl and Oracal 210 Overlaminate. I am not sure the brand of the banner material, it is a 36" printable banner material. I have used it many times before with Oracal 651 with no problem. However, this is the first time I have used it with the 3651.
Anyone have any idea why it wouldn't be sticking?
Thanks
Danny

TXFB.INS

did you stick it to the smooth or rough side?

we have seen issues when it is stuck to the rough side.

for future points it is easier and cheaper to outsource this type of job, there are several MM here that can do it and ship to you by friday

Biker Scout

Umm... yeah... the vinyl banners have plasticizers on them that exude oils that makes for a lower energy surface. Always wipe down corro, or banners with denatured or isopropyl alcohol before applying adhesive vinyl.