• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl with no markings on liner

Signed Out

Looking for solvent printable vinyl that has no manufacturer markings on the back on the liner. Need it to be fairly decent vinyl, minimum outdoor rating of 5 years, permanent adhesive, good resistance to shrinking.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Avery 2903, 2923 (both have air egress). Briteline Duration vinyls form Grimco have no printing on the back either. We have customers that specify no printing on the back so we use them too.

Dan360

We've been using a fair bit of Avery MPI 2923 EZ lately since problems with IJ35. I'm liking it even more than the 35, no markings on liner.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We've been using a fair bit of Avery MPI 2923 EZ lately since problems with IJ35. I'm liking it even more than the 35, no markings on liner.

It is really good stuff. We've been using it for years but it will shrink a fair bit with heavy coverage/full bleed prints. I got carried away when we first started using it and would use it on some flat vehicle applications...but they all eventually had issues. Definitely still a good product/price point but you can only get away with so much.

2B

BigfishDM
I'm sure has a wide range of options

Z SIGNS
We typically have this request whenever we are doing
* sub work,
* media (tv, movie, etc) they don't like giving free advertising.
* Political, if the company is from a country that is not on the "good" list

flyplainsdrifta

quality media, as far as i know, do not have any inner labeling on their duravinyl lines. over the last seven years, ive used alot of those and have almost never had issues, except for one batch of media that was a little wonky. check out their website qmls.com

CanuckSigns

Concept 201 HTAP has always had branding on the liner for us.

Must be a regional thing, none of the general formulations vinyls I've ever bought have had branding on the liner. I chalk it up to GF producing so many house brands for other people that it just made sense not to put a brand on any of it.

Signed Out

Thank you for all the suggestions. The substance Icon pm3750 looks pretty good by the stats. Does anybody have any first hand expierence with this stuff? How is it with shrinkage? Just never really heard of the brand before.

Signed Out

Substance Media Icon 3750 vs Briteline Duration - IM5651? We have zero experience with either media, and brand for that matter, I think these are their top quality vinyls for my purpose. The Icon claims 7 year durability, I like this but never heard of the brand before. Briteline claims 5 year durability, I've always associated briteline as an "economical choice" compared to 3M/Oracal/Avery. I don't have 5-7 years to test these materials out so I'm hoping others can share their experiences with both or either vinyls. I really want these to be quality decals (no shrikage), but no markings on backer is a requirement. Also needs to be permanent adhesive, non air release. I'd step up to a cast vinyl if there is one available?

ProColorGraphics

Thank you for all the suggestions. The substance Icon pm3750 looks pretty good by the stats. Does anybody have any first hand expierence with this stuff? How is it with shrinkage? Just never really heard of the brand before.
I use their stuff all of the time and have had great luck with it. If there is any shrinkage, it's so minimal that I don't even notice it. Give Matt a call. They are willing to send samples to test out.