Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl with no markings on liner

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Signed Out, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Signed Out

Signed Out Very Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Looking for solvent printable vinyl that has no manufacturer markings on the back on the liner. Need it to be fairly decent vinyl, minimum outdoor rating of 5 years, permanent adhesive, good resistance to shrinking.

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Avery 2903, 2923 (both have air egress). Briteline Duration vinyls form Grimco have no printing on the back either. We have customers that specify no printing on the back so we use them too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    We've been using a fair bit of Avery MPI 2923 EZ lately since problems with IJ35. I'm liking it even more than the 35, no markings on liner.

4. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    It is really good stuff. We've been using it for years but it will shrink a fair bit with heavy coverage/full bleed prints. I got carried away when we first started using it and would use it on some flat vehicle applications...but they all eventually had issues. Definitely still a good product/price point but you can only get away with so much.

6. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    BriteLine vinyls @ grimco.

7. Z SIGNS

Z SIGNS Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    I heard of this request before and am curious. Why you want no markings on the vinyl

8. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    BigfishDMBigfishDM
    I'm sure has a wide range of options

Z SIGNSZ SIGNS
    We typically have this request whenever we are doing
    * sub work,
    * media (tv, movie, etc) they don't like giving free advertising.
    * Political, if the company is from a country that is not on the "good" list

9. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    quality media, as far as i know, do not have any inner labeling on their duravinyl lines. over the last seven years, ive used alot of those and have almost never had issues, except for one batch of media that was a little wonky. check out their website qmls.com

10. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
  11. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Must be a regional thing, none of the general formulations vinyls I've ever bought have had branding on the liner. I chalk it up to GF producing so many house brands for other people that it just made sense not to put a brand on any of it.

12. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Weird, our supplier imports stock directly from the US, but as you said could be different batches headed for us down here.

13. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Substance Media!!

14. Signed Out

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Thank you for all the suggestions. The substance Icon pm3750 looks pretty good by the stats. Does anybody have any first hand expierence with this stuff? How is it with shrinkage? Just never really heard of the brand before.

15. Signed Out

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Substance Media Icon 3750 vs Briteline Duration - IM5651? We have zero experience with either media, and brand for that matter, I think these are their top quality vinyls for my purpose. The Icon claims 7 year durability, I like this but never heard of the brand before. Briteline claims 5 year durability, I've always associated briteline as an "economical choice" compared to 3M/Oracal/Avery. I don't have 5-7 years to test these materials out so I'm hoping others can share their experiences with both or either vinyls. I really want these to be quality decals (no shrikage), but no markings on backer is a requirement. Also needs to be permanent adhesive, non air release. I'd step up to a cast vinyl if there is one available?

16. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I use their stuff all of the time and have had great luck with it. If there is any shrinkage, it's so minimal that I don't even notice it. Give Matt a call. They are willing to send samples to test out.