• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VinylMaster Pro 2.95 on a Win7 machine?

Truckntran Bill

Has anyone succesfully done a new installation of Vinyl Master Pro vs2.95 on a Windows 7 machine? I purchased it in 2010 new from VMP and due to my other job never got around to installing it until now...and guess what.

I keep getting an error message saying it is not compatible with win7 and I need to get a version with either 32 or 64 bit compatibility.

I tried to run it in compatibility mode but when I go to run the program nothing happens.

HP laptop, I did download all the current VMP patches from their website.

The reason I needed new software was I have a really tough time getting things like vehicle outlines or other folks graphics files to work with my Signblazer.....and supposedly VMP has a great vectorizing module. I really do not want to buy the latest version yet as my business is nowhere near big enough to justify the expense....

Any suggestions on either problem would be appreciated.. My Graphtec has only serial inputs, no usb, so it is hooked up to a non internet equipped desktop running xp.

S'N'S

That old version had a dongle and if you have that, why not just use it on the desktop running XP? As far as I know it doesn't work with Wndows7.

Truckntran Bill

I guess I just need a way to register the dongle?? That is part of why I was installing it on the desktop, other reason is I like to design away from the desktop, been spoiled by Signblazer, I can design on teh road, email it to the house and have someone cut the vinyl and deliver it without me being there. SUpposedly you only need the dongle to cut and print, so I was hoping to have the program on two computers without having to buy it twice.

I guess that is my logical next step, installing on the xp machine.

KustomStickerz

I am having the same problem with VE LXI Expert and will be installing VMWare on my pc to get around the compatibility issue. Sure wish I could find updates that will make it compatible with windows 7.

I just purchased a new pc and have downgraded from windows 8 to 7 because of the lame new interface it uses.

Is there a site to get updates for VE LXI Expert v6?

Thanks

themartaman

Don't ask for help from Vinylmaster. All the info for older software was on a server that died. Just like their customer service. I sent 3 emails recently and no answer yet. If your dongle dies you have to buy new version.

shaunmorrell

Don't ask for help from Vinylmaster. All the info for older software was on a server that died. Just like their customer service. I sent 3 emails recently and no answer yet. If your dongle dies you have to buy new version.

We have received 27 emails from you since 2012 and replied to all 27 emails. The software you are referring to is from 16bit computing which is not supported by anyone any longer including Microsoft.