• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinylmaster Pro

Deaton Design

Vinylmaster Pro users. Did you go to the dongle version when it was offered, and if you did, what are the pros and cons of that.
I saw that they now offer an upgrade on the spooler, but I cant get it because Im running the dongleless version. If there are enough good things, I may upgrade to the dongled version. Any info would be appreciated.

datcat

Vinylmaster Pro users. Did you go to the dongle version when it was offered, and if you did, what are the pros and cons of that.
I saw that they now offer an upgrade on the spooler, but I cant get it because Im running the dongleless version. If there are enough good things, I may upgrade to the dongled version. Any info would be appreciated.

Do you have any details on the upgrade to the spooler? I can't get the link to the website to work. I have dongle version but not the upgrade. The last upgrade I knew of was to allow it to work on Vista. I rarely use VMP because I hate the fact that it doesn't communicate with the plotter and update media sizes or orientation. There's a couple of other features that seem awkward too like the weld and trim module. Somehow it kinda giving the feeling you're still dealing with a DOS based program to me. There are allot of neat features in it but not enough to make it my primary program. I'd rather use Flexi Starter and import eps from Corel when I don't have the tools in my watered down Flexi than utilize VMP full time.
Just my 2 cents JD. BTW, did you get my PM?

shaunmorrell

There are a number of control points on the circle tool that adjust the position and size of the item - see topic 23.4 of the VMP manual - also in the online PDF file...

Thanks,

mountainmang

There are a number of control points on the circle tool that adjust the position and size of the item - see topic 23.4 of the VMP manual - also in the online PDF file...

Thanks,

but...lets say you wanted "signs" on the top of the circle and "101" on the bottom of the circle...how do you do that without using the circle tool separately for each one and trying to piece them together?

shaunmorrell

1. You can type some spaces between the two words and adjust so that one is at the top and the other at the bottom, or

2. Do two circle tools but setup the guides and snap so they perfectly line up with each other...

Thanks

wellcraftboats

We used vmpro for years and tried to upgrade to the dongle and I tried for two weeks by phone and email, never got a response. Said screw it and went to flexi. Vmpro is excellent for the money and good for cutting, but flexi is more powerful. just my two cents.

shaunmorrell

I'm sorry to hear that... we've already sent out around 1000 USB updates in 2008 so Im not sure how we missed you. You can always order online as most folks these days do.

Thanks

OldPaint

We used vmpro for years and tried to upgrade to the dongle and I tried for two weeks by phone and email, never got a response. Said screw it and went to flexi. Vmpro is excellent for the money and good for cutting, but flexi is more powerful. just my two cents.

WELCRAFT BOATS.....how do you get away usin that name????? i ask because i lived in sarasota for 19 s and WELCRAFT BOATS WAS THERE.