• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Virtual PC and XP Mode ?

Replicator

For those of you running Virtual PC with the XP Mode on the Windows 7 OS.

Are you leaving the virtual PC on (minimized) all the time ?

or do you shut it down and only turn it on when you need it ?

Replicator

A couple that I can't remember right now, because when they didn't work I uninstalled them and forgot about it.

But now I loaded the Virtual PC and the XP Mode, so the next time it happens I can just install it under XP . . .

stickygraphics12

I keep mine on and just minimize it bc I am running flexi thru it. I also have to run my cutter thru it and every time I shut down xp mode and reatart the cutter gets a new COM port assigned to it and I have to set the cutter up again. I haven't had any problems leaving it running for the past 3 weeks.

Replicator

Once you install the program that won't work right just right click the programs exe and click the compatibilty tab and choose what mode to start it up in. You don't have to run anything but the program then. It will always start in that mode.

Are you saying that if XP Mode is not running

and you choose that mode for an installed program on Windows 7

you don't need XP Mode or the virtual environment ?

I know that when I go to the properties of my programs installed on Windows 7

and go to the compatibility tab . . . XP Mode is not an option !

Liquid GraphX

You don't need XP mode you can choose which OS to run it in. It will be default run it in a virtual environment. But once you set it up you should just have to start it normally after that.

Attachments

• compat.jpg
    compat.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 72

Liquid GraphX

That is my corel draw installed on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit. I should amend what I said it's not that you don't need xp mode its that you can set the .exe to start in that mode always.