• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Virus alert warning!

Vinylman

Please take note of a recent email I received with the heading {ACH payment rejected}
I did a quick search on the net and found this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/12/nacha-scam-makes-rounds-v_n_355673.html.

According to the article, the attachment [which on my email came as a Word doc.] was opening me up to a virus invasion. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

the Real NACHA urges consumers to ignore these e-mails and not to click the link, which it says is likely associated with a virus.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yup - been seeing these for a month or so now. We get several a day with 2 primary themes - ACH payment rejected, Federal Tax Payment rejected, and there have been a few with specific bank names, or credit card payment rejected ones. Here are 60 or so just in a quick search of my deleted items..

It should go without saying.... NEVER open email attachements you were not expecting without carefully checking exactly what the file is and who sent it. If in doubt call the sender to verify that they really sent you something.

I'm actually in the process of upgrading our server (we run our own Exchange server in house) from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. In the process I'm probably looking at subscribing us to GFI Mail Essentials for the server to start eliminating spam and viruses at the server level. Tired of them getting to our inboxes.

Attachments

• reject2.jpg
    reject2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 63