• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vista 64... need to run Quickbooks 2006 in compatibility mode...

iSign

well, I may have to move on up to at least QBP 2007, but I really don't want to...

Myself, my production manager & my bookkeeper all take turns opening the program on any of our 3 computers. Only mine has been upgraded to recognize more ram...

,,,and now I can't get QBP to even begin the install process!

I did try right clicking on the .exe file, choosing "properties", and then selecting "compatibility mode" which I set for XP SP2

I found only a few vague hints searching online, and it seems as though this worked for others, but nothing happens after a short spinning cursor of hope...

I know it's not going to be a common set-up, but anybody here done this?

trakers

Makes him look like Kristian Bush.

Of course if that means Jennifer Nettles is hanging with him, he is a lucky man indeed.

Attachments

• kb.jpg
    kb.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 109
  • jn.jpg
    jn.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 74

trakers

FWIW we had a client that was running Vista64 and tried to use Quickbooks on it. It was a clust**f*** from the get go. Installation issues, random crashes, lockups and reports that wouldn't print. Intuit was no help at all.

The client upgraded to XP Pro 32bit and it has been rock solid and worked flawlessly ever since. I don't remember the exact version of QB but is was relatively new.

choucove

With QuickBooks and Intuit being a pretty well-known and well-used program (that we have had no problem with in the past ever) I'm surprised really to be hearing about issues with Vista. However, when we look that it is 64-bit Vista, that might be the answer there. Not many applications have gone full 64-bit, but they still should run in 32-bit compatibility mode. I have QuickBooks Premiere 2007 installed on a Vista 32-bit machine and have had no problems with it, so I must imagine that it would be 64-bit that is causing the hiccups.

I'm not sure off the top of my head of any solutions for you there, as I imagined the compatibility mode might be the way to go. In Windows 7 at least they are offering the Virtual XP Mode which would help to solve that problem for you...

A newer version of QuickBooks might be 64-bit compatible perhaps, but they might very well be holding that off until their new version to be released in conjunction with support for Win7...