• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vista Compatability

jbona75

I was considering purchasing the Roland SP-300 printer/cutter, but after several helpful replies from this forum, am now considering starting smaller (due to budget restraints) and with a Roland GX-300 cutter. Is this a good starting point for someone cutting their teeth in the industry? Also, I have Windows Vista Home Basic. Will a Roland GX-300 cutter be compatable, or will I have to upgrade my OS? Again, thanks for all the help...

D2S

I currently am using a Roland GX24 cutter with both Illustrator and CUt Studio and have no problems just need to download the right driver. If you want check out rolanddg.com to see if the program you are going to use( whatever comes with the roland you are buying) is available with Vista

jbona75

Thanks for the replies...I'll be using Photoshop and Illustrator, along with the software that comes with the cutter.

D2S

Then you need to find out what comes with the Cutter there is a plugin for Illustrator to cut right from there. It is really cool and easy to use.