• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 Bleeding / Cross contamination problem

scauffiel

Not sure why this just started happening. I started a print job and noticed (about halfway through of course) that the yellow looked dingy or orange. Finish with the print and decide to print a straight up yellow bar. As it's printing you can tell it's obviously orange at the bottom but the longer it prints, the yellower it gets.

By the time I've printed a second yellow bar it's back to its old self.

Let it sit overnight and the next day it's doing it again.

Hm, clean everything, print yellow bars until it's good.

After another overnight sit, it does it again. WTF? So thinking something's not pulling/keeping vacuum I take the capping station out, clean out all the hoses/lines and make sure that's all good - and from what I can tell, it is.

Print yellow bars - it's all good.

Sits overnight, run another print the next afternoon and I'm right back to square one. :frustrated:

Thoughts?

Appreciating the help in advance,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20120330_153216a.jpg
    IMG_20120330_153216a.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 178

randya

Are the drain lines after the cap clear and is ink freely flowing to the waste?

Is there a pool of ink in the capping station?

Last edited:

scauffiel

From what I can tell, yep, clear and flowing. No pool in the capping station, looks normal. I'm going to take apart the station and lines and clean it out one more time just for sh!ts and giggles.

Thanks for the help!
S.

randya

The other thing to look at is the cap itself.
Although very rare on the ValueJets the cap can swell up and make contact with the bottom of the head and wick ink between cartridges.

When this happens you will find that ink will move from the fullest carts to the least full trying to equalize.

alfred

I had simmilar promblem and the reason was the place that the head was spitting, the sponde needed change was hard like wood.

Compilla

You have an air leak somewhere. I will suggest replacing the Y & M dampers and O rings.

Good luck!