• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 Brand new poor color quality

cybermall

Hello, we have a fresh out of the box/crate VJ1204. I followed the instructions in the video for setting up the machine. The nozzle check doesn't produce any results and when I try and prent something the color quality is about 20 - 30% washed out/faded. I have tried different source files and file types but the results are the same. is there an simple solution for correcting this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

P

ProWraps™

did you follow the instructions and run a cleaning cycle before you put inks in it? the heads are tested at the factory and MUST have a cleaning cycle before they are printed through.

PMG

make sure your using the correct profile in the Production Manager for the media you are using ..... to check this open PM and double click your printer to open your printer property's and go to the 3rd tab over(Color management) and choose a profile for the media your using.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 107

cybermall

yes I did the cleaning cycle per video instruction. The machine when turned on the first time requested a cleaning cycle be done. I did it once and followed the instructions for waiting for the prompt to insert the ink. A few moments later it prompted to do the cleaning again and I did. Prompted to insert ink cartridges. Instead of saying ready to print it said that the waste ink tray was full. I thought that was wierd but sure enough it was full. I changed out/cleaned the waste tray and confirmed new/clean tray was inserted. Now it says "ready to print" Nozzle check test had the heads move back and forth but did not print the lines that were displayed in the video. For sh!ts and giggles I printed a test file anyway. Which is where I am at now. The print colors appear faded even after trying the recommended Oracle color profile suggested by the vid. For right now I am just using scrap banner media, for all the test prints.

3dsignco

Just like Adam Said do some More powerful cleanings to ink drawn into the heads. It took about 8 or 9 times to get all the heads full on ours when we first bought it.. Printing will not draw the ink until you fill the dampeners and head.

P

ProWraps™

waste ink tray was FULL? wow. something isnt right.

Jim Doggett

Hi,

Did you get it from us? (SignWarehouse)

If so, you can call 800.699.5514. Support folks will be here until 11pm tonight, CST.

Thanks,

cybermall

Ok after some more finagling with the color profiles looks like wrong banner type was selected for media. Banner 1 versus Banner 4. Now the color is as sharp as a tack. However I am concerned about the filling of the waste tray.

Jim I have contacted tech support, I am waiting on a call back. The waste tray concerns me.

PMG

Ok after some more finagling with the color profiles looks like wrong banner type was selected for media. Banner 1 versus Banner 4. Now the color is as sharp as a tack. However I am concerned about the filling of the waste tray.

Jim I have contacted tech support, I am waiting on a call back. The waste tray concerns me.
Sounded like a profile issue!!!!! If you did many many cleanings or refills or small charges on the head your tray would be full. Be careful if you put the new or cleaned tray back in and forget to change to Yes to the change.......it will over flow and spill because it wont reset the flow count.......lol Dont ask me how i know LOL

cybermall

Sounded like a profile issue!!!!! If you did many many cleanings or refills or small charges on the head your tray would be full. Be careful if you put the new or cleaned tray back in and forget to change to Yes to the change.......it will over flow and spill because it wont reset the flow count.......lol Dont ask me how i know LOL

umm yeah, see what had happened was:banghead: First time running a wide format :Oops:. but there has been some good feed back here and I think I have enough of a grasp to manage for the next 24hrs lol. Thats when the next crisis will start. i am sure I will be back. Thanks for your help everyone.:thankyou:

S. Sexton

you bought a new machine and you had to set it up? Is that normal everyone has set up there own machine? When my printer came in they sent in a tech to set it up and spent a day with us. When my laminator was delivered they set it up also. I thought this was standard practice.

Cybermall
where are you in Hollywood?

cybermall

you bought a new machine and you had to set it up? Is that normal everyone has set up there own machine? When my printer came in they sent in a tech to set it up and spent a day with us. When my laminator was delivered they set it up also. I thought this was standard practice.

Cybermall

Yes, I am in Hollywood FL. I had to set it up myself. But I doubt if its standard practice. I wasn't privy to the conversations that went down between my boss and the sales rep. Machine was delivered on Monday so if a tech is coming, he is extremely late and will get a king sized tongue lashing when he/she arrives lol. But no worries. I only been with this employer a month and the order process was started before my employment. So I am playing catchup pretty much.

randya

waste ink tray was FULL? wow. something isnt right.

If you have done a full clean and then a full charge, the waste tray will need to be emptied, sounds pretty normal.

Dispose of the liquid properly and the pads should be good for some time.

MacDaddy

Nothing out of the ordinary here.... You just pumped a bunch of cleaning solution thru the system... Where did you think it would go?????

cybermall

lol I didn't think it would go anywhere. Never used a wide format, my background is mostly digital presses, and I had a million hings I was doing while setting up the Mutoh. I am lucky I didn't do something stupid to ruin it from lack of being able to pay attention to what I was doing. lol. Lots of work for it today so hopefully I won't break it or blow it up :)

Arstron

Cybermall

When I got all of my equipment (two plotters and one vj1204) from sign warehouse they never sent anyone out. Thats why they say you get what you pay for.

Cruzer

A Sign is a Sign is a Sign
New 1204

I have had my 1204 since July and its been doing very good to date. I have called the techs and they walked me thru a few issues. How to send a PDF to PM and then change it to the job needs. Also some things that help tweek it to do better overall. I don't think I needed to have someone come with the printer. Most of it has been pretty simple.

:flamey: