• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 chip card

Hi, Can some one advise me with this. A gentleman just offer me to decode the firmware on my vj 1204 so I don't have use chip card any more. Shall I play around with this or it is very risky. Please advise.

Personally, I wouldn't.
I,m sure the firmware and chip cards have specific functions or they wouldn't be there. What are you trying to achieve by doing this?.

Personally, I wouldn't.
I,m sure the firmware and chip cards have specific functions or they wouldn't be there. What are you trying to achieve by doing this?.

dishhobby:
Trying to save myself from Hassel to not reading chip card in bulk in system Some time it is pain in the neck to adjust ink cartridge.

Biker Scout

Psssch.... do it! Break free from those chains of ink chip enslavement. Completely useless function, other than to force you to buy their overpriced inks.

But here's the catch: You are totally, 100% responsible for monitoring your ink levels. Never let the printer run dry. It's really bad for the piezo electric nozzles. The chips main function is to run an algorithm based on approximate ink usage. That tells the printer when the cartridge is out of ink. There is not other physical monitoring of the ink levels. So, if you go bulk system, make sure you always have a steady supply of ink on hand. Because the printer won't stop when it thinks it's out of ink. (even when you shake the cartridge on an "empty" and there is still ink in there)

Vj 1204

Psssch.... do it! Break free from those chains of ink chip enslavement. Completely useless function, other than to force you to buy their overpriced inks.

But here's the catch: You are totally, 100% responsible for monitoring your ink levels. Never let the printer run dry. It's really bad for the piezo electric nozzles. The chips main function is to run an algorithm based on approximate ink usage. That tells the printer when the cartridge is out of ink. There is not other physical monitoring of the ink levels. So, if you go bulk system, make sure you always have a steady supply of ink on hand. Because the printer won't stop when it thinks it's out of ink. (even when you shake the cartridge on an "empty" and there is still ink in there)

Dishhobby,
Thanks guys for your advise. It means a lot to me.

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
I allways bypass smartcart after start printer.

In my RH II64, I put the switch to 5v input of all cardreader together, I SWITCH ON for start of printer, after initialize I SWITCH OFF and smartcard still is 100% ( Printer can't write to card. :smile:).