• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 (cymk) not original

Tel

This is both the problem and how we fixed it in case it's of use to anyone else. We have a VJ 1204 and use a bulk ink system normally works well but I must admit I hate the chip system, anyway I digress back to the problem, we were getting the error (cymk) not original and sometimes just (k) not original and no matter what we did we could not get passed this, I removed the cartridges and inside the black compartment found small contacts which turned out to be from the chip reader system, we ordered a new one and it was promptly fitted a simple job though we still were getting the not original error, I then checked all the other chip reader contacts and they seemed to have some white dust on them I cleaned them with ACF50 a switch cleaner and also cleaned the contact patch on the cartridge with ACF50 replaced everything and as usual got the (cymk) not original error so did what normally fixes this which wasn't working before and that is start at one end I always start with yellow pull the cartridge back to break contact with the chip reader the machine will beep push the cartridge back in the machine now beeps again and says (cmk) not original and then just keep going through the rest of the cartridges and the machine then recognises them.
The problem seems to be the plastic residue from the cartridge contact strip which is pushed across by the card reader and scraped. Keep your contacts clean.
Regards
Tel

zapagraphics

yes, can you tell me what 3rd party inks you are using, and can you give us the information on the company to contact to purchase these inks.

zapagraphics