• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1204 E 068 error Y encoder

randya

Sign Warehouse will know about the 1204AS.

In the original 1204s, E068 can be the rail, the carriage, the CR motor, connectors, CR board or Mainboard.

You should check to see if there is any binding in the carriage by manually moving the carriage back and forth while the Printer is turned OFF. Any binding could be the source.

You can also run endurance cycles of 50 or more from the Life:Cr motor diagnostics menu and see if the error repeats.

Clean and lube the rail, check the carriage bearings if there is some binding.

Make sure the head release is being activated IF the error is occuring while the head is over the capping station.

Compilla

Sign Warehouse will know about the 1204AS.

You should check to see if there is any binding in the carriage by manually moving the carriage back and forth while the Printer is turned OFF. Any binding could be the source.

Randya, after manually moving the carriage and inspecting the T-fence, we notice that T fence came out of the Fence guide on the back of the carriage.
We put it back and worked like a champ...

Thanks!!!

Compilla

Attachments

• Damaged Encoder Strip 4.jpg
    Damaged Encoder Strip 4.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 312

Jase

That did work a treat, but I now seem to have a problem starting up, the machine booted up initialized, went into a clean cycle but froze at 60%.

I turned it off at the mains, restarted and the orange light came on, no initialization? Tried this a few times and sometimes I get a green and orange light. I have had CPU error 35, I have also had a cpu error 0 which does not sound too good to me. Other times it has just frozen at the startup menu.

It was working fine until I had the E068 error, this was after I had to access the magenta capping stations.

Any advice greatly appreciated