• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

(VJ 1204) E068 Err CR Encoder - Mechanical??

Allied Digital

When I turn it on - it begins to initialize and goes "clunk", beeping, Err code. and . (The head is trying to move). When manually moving it - out then back into place, just before it gets to the mechanism that hold the head at the capping station, the encoder strip which lies parralel to the metal in piece w/ the clips holding the encoder strip - moves out of a parralell position, and the top of the strip leans toward that metal.
Question: is there a piece on the back of the head component that keeps the Encod. Strip in place? It's almost like it comes off track just as it gets to the capping station.
Please Help! - if anyone has run into this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
First, follow the encoder strip until you find the sensor that reads it behind the print head carriage. Make sure the sensor is straddling the strip. If it is out of place it will not read at all. Also I have seen cases where the head lock mechanism is bent slightly enough that the solenoid does not reach the lock. Tape the locking mechanism down and then turn on the machine. If it works, you may just need to bend the locking mechanism back into place.