• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1204 e074 cr2 current

tint_zone

Hi all I'm on my last here, so let me explain what happened my 1204 started to give me commu error so I replace the heater control board and relay board then my 1204 came alive I did a few test prints made sure everything was okay then sent a job thru, about 5 mins into the job the machine started to print fine black lines then the carriage stopped half way with no errors or no flashing lights I just stopped and the display said printing... So I turned it off and gave it a few then put it back on, now it initializes then just before it full boots it says E974 CR2 Current. I tried cleaning the strip checked the carriage for obstruction, powered it on all the way to the other end and in came in properly capped the regular amount of times then just before boot same error. Could this be main board? Or head fuses or something a bit more simple? Any help would be appreciated.

think I'm about to loose my mind

heyskull

Hi

Sadly this is an error that kind of covers a whole load of different errors.
We fixed ours in the end by changing the encoder disk but if you do a search on here you will find numerous occasions this error has been discussed.
I would get have a look through them first to check which scenario of the error you have.

SC

tint_zone

Hi

Sadly this is an error that kind of covers a whole load of different errors.
We fixed ours in the end by changing the encoder disk but if you do a search on here you will find numerous occasions this error has been discussed.
I would get have a look through them first to check which scenario of the error you have.

SC

When you say encoder disk im taking it that you mean the T-fence?

heyskull

I know my VJ 1604 has an encoder disk as well as a t fence encoder.
I have had a look but I can't figure whether the 1204 has an encoder disk or not.
I cannot find any listing for one so maybe not.

SC

Mf

T fence or xy board we have a 1304 with this issue, we wiped down with dulted alky no luck we get that error code after printer prints 3 feet and stops

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
T fence or xy board we have a 1304 with this issue, we wiped down with dulted alky no luck we get that error code after printer prints 3 feet and stops

Have you tried cleaning the sensor that reads the fence?
It can get coated with a mist of ink also.
This has helped me in the past on my 1304.
Take a cleaning pad with a little alcohol and wrap it around the edge of a credit card and wipe the surfaces in the gap that the that the fence passes through.
It's on the right side of the carriage head under a plastic cover with one screw holding it in place.
Just need to be careful to center it back on the bracket so it does not rub on the fence.

wayne k
guam usa

tint_zone

New Fence

We bought a new fence and sensor and capping station, solved the issue, but now we are getting E076 Err Pre heat after the machine boots for about a minute, we changed the power supply, mainboard, heater controll and heater relay board with no luck. Any Ideas?