• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vj 1204 Flexi Profiles

Dovermts

I recently picked up a valuejet 1204. I have been struggling with trying to get my colors right in flexi. I downloaded the icc files for the valuejet but my blues are totally purple. my yellows are orange. If i do a nozzle check everything is good. It has to be in my flexi. Anyone have any suggestions?

RG

The profile that I always used in my 1204 was Orajet 3551G. Of course, use color correction. And, in order to print a really good red, I had to check "red" in Rip & Print / Advanced Options / Color Settings / Rendering Intents / Pure Hue / Vector & Text / Pure Hue / Preserve Pure Hue. If Pure Hue was not checked for me an RGB red (255,0,0) always printed as a good orange--not a good red.

Dovermts

Ya I will mess with it more this afternoon. I played with some of the color settings but it seems to make things worse. It just seems so far off. I'm just printing semi gloss vinyl. Thanks for the info !

Dovermts

Well I tried just about everything. and still same results. Could my print head be bad and mixing ink inside? I printed several different test patterns I have went from my yellow going green to now its orange.. now my blue is turning a nasty funny green. I put cleaning cartridges in and started over. It did change things but not to the good. I replaced the dampers a couple weeks ago and the maintenance station the same time. I tried all the mutoh profiles for flexi and i get the same results. Whats wierd is when i do nozzle check yellow looks good. Its hrd to see on white vinyl but threres no contamination.:(

Dovermts

Ya I drew it up in inkscape then sent to flexi. I drew something in flexi and same result. I downloaded some test print pictures and they look bad too. The nozzle check is clear and clean it's so wierd

jimdtg

Do you mean unlock ink cartridges? I don't think that action affects to color incorrection.
How do you try with test print without apply icc profiles?

Dovermts

Yes he unlocked the ink. I bought the printer used and cleaned the head. And replaced the dampers and maintenance station. I cleaned head by hand. I'm sure I didn't damage it. I also replaced the head ribbon cable while I had it apart. It prints and everything seems to work ok. I am using ink owl cartridges. I just have a serious color issue from flexi I'm guessing. I tried to print from flexi when I first installed it. Crappy print. So I downloaded the icc profile files from mutoh. I tried most of them and they made differences but not something I could use. Could I install it as a regular printer via USB and try to print without flexi?

jimdtg

There does have some other RIPs software that they have trial version to test with your Mutoh model. As my opinion, you should try with another RIP to see how printing result will be.
Trial versions are ready with Onyx, CADlink. You just need spend some hours to download RIP, install, configure and test there.

Dovermts

Yes I think I'm going to try that today. I will browe the net and see what I can get. I'm just spinning my wheels now LOL

Dovermts

Well i tried onyx it maybe helped a little. I'm not 100% sure but i think i have a bad print head. when ever i print blue its purple. If i print yellow it looks like brown almost. If i do a strong clean then print it will print a pretty good test. when i print a couple more tests the colors start to change. The yellow turns brown and red even starts to darken. My lines are clean and no air bubbles. I did see one time the hoses to my head the yellow started to turn a shade of green but i did a cleaning and it disappeared. The print head was plugged when i first got the machine. i removed it and cleaned it carefully. I replaced the dampers and maintenance station and head ribbons at the same time.Does have any other other suggestions? I sent Mutoh a message i will see what they say. I have been through pretty much ever thing i can think of except the pricey head.:confused:

Attachments

• 20200215_185004.jpg
    20200215_185004.jpg
    937.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 20200215_185010.jpg
    20200215_185010.jpg
    803.7 KB · Views: 196

jimdtg

I think your print heads have problem. With Flexi and Onyx have same bad result testing so you should get support from Mutoh tech is best way.

Dovermts

Ya that's what I think too I will see if I can get a hold of them tomorrow and I will let u know what they say . Thank you for your help

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What rendering intents are you using? Are you sending vector or bitmap images?

The color shifts you describe sound very much like you're sending CMYK bitmap images. If that would be the case, don't do that. Ever. Always send RGB bitmaps. Your RIP can deal with RGB bitmaps far better than any other software you own.

Your rendering intent setting can also have quite an effect on color shifts. Try setting bitmap rendering intent to 'Perceptual' and everything else to 'No Color Correction' and see what you get.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It looks like some major cross contamination issues. Are you using a bulk system or cartridges? Also, post a nozzle check.

Dovermts

It looks like some major cross contamination issues. Are you using a bulk system or cartridges? Also, post a nozzle check.
What rendering intents are you using? Are you sending vector or bitmap images?

The color shifts you describe sound very much like you're sending CMYK bitmap images. If that would be the case, don't do that. Ever. Always send RGB bitmaps. Your RIP can deal with RGB bitmaps far better than any other software you own.

Your rendering intent setting can also have quite an effect on color shifts. Try setting bitmap rendering intent to 'Perceptual' and everything else to 'No Color Correction' and see what you get.