• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 - How do I replace the rubber wiper?

kirkbedtelyon

Anyone able to find the instructions for replacing the rubber wiper in a VJ? They suggest replacing it every year but I'm not finding replacement instructions anywhere.

Thanks.

Kirk

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Anyone able to find the instructions for replacing the rubber wiper in a VJ? They suggest replacing it every year but I'm not finding replacement instructions anywhere.

Thanks.

Kirk

It just pull it out. Hold the wiper holder down and pull straight up. Sometimes a little hook made out of a paper-clip is handy to pull up from the bottom. There's a little hole in the wiper that fits over a tab in the holder. Once you get the old one out it should be clear how the new one goes in.

Valentino

here's what you do.

you are going to pull the wiper up and cut the two rubber pieces, then the wipers pulls out and then you are going to firmly press the new wiper down.

after you installed the wiper, take a clean swap with cleaning solution or ink, and wet the damper. this softens the rubber and gives it a little lubrication for the first pass.

Attachments

• 1204.jpg
    1204.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 152

randya

Either of these methods should work.
I personally have not changed a wiper in a 1204, but Valentinos dwg would seem to be correct.

Normally, these get pretty soft over time and will just pull out.
Stiffer ones may require a very small blade (jewelers screwdriver)to push the 'holes' away from the hooks. Too much force here will distort the holder, so be careful.

Valentino, thanks, I would like permission to use your drawing for our knowledge base.
I am at ISA this week, but I would like to add this when I get back.