• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 Pump Help (reassembly)

dj_elite

I had some ink on my vacuum pump getting on the gears. So I decided to take out the maintenance station and clean the pump and gears. I noticed the ink was all gucked up on the pump so I took the pump out of the maintenance station to get a thorough cleaning. I did not realize there was a spring and little gear inside. I am trying to reassemble the gearing and Im pretty sure I know how it goes, but I do not want to mess up my maintenance station in the process. If anyone could help and give me advice as to a correct way to line the gears back up it would be highly appreciated. Most concerned about the little gear under the bottom one in picture

Attachments

• pump gear.jpg
    pump gear.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 91

LetzPrint

I am very curious as to how you put it back together. I am currently in the process of doing the same thing you did, but haven't gotten that far yet.

dj_elite

It was just lots of trial and error. Moving the parts back and forth until the swiper moved back and forth correctly. I did not take note when I disassembled the pump as I did not know about the parts inside. Just take note and take some photos and you should be good when reassembling the pump

S

spmracing

It was just lots of trial and error. Moving the parts back and forth until the swiper moved back and forth correctly. I did not take note when I disassembled the pump as I did not know about the parts inside. Just take note and take some photos and you should be good when reassembling the pump

I'm rebuilding mine.. I think i have everything except where the little spring goes.. Please inform me where to put it?

Robert M

Spring

There is one that goes under the cap top to the assembly that the cap slides back and forth on