Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VJ 1204 Pump Help (reassembly)

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by dj_elite, Jan 21, 2013.

1. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I had some ink on my vacuum pump getting on the gears. So I decided to take out the maintenance station and clean the pump and gears. I noticed the ink was all gucked up on the pump so I took the pump out of the maintenance station to get a thorough cleaning. I did not realize there was a spring and little gear inside. I am trying to reassemble the gearing and Im pretty sure I know how it goes, but I do not want to mess up my maintenance station in the process. If anyone could help and give me advice as to a correct way to line the gears back up it would be highly appreciated. Most concerned about the little gear under the bottom one in picture

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Never mind guys I figured it out. Back in action!

3. LetzPrint

LetzPrint New Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I am very curious as to how you put it back together. I am currently in the process of doing the same thing you did, but haven't gotten that far yet.

4. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    It was just lots of trial and error. Moving the parts back and forth until the swiper moved back and forth correctly. I did not take note when I disassembled the pump as I did not know about the parts inside. Just take note and take some photos and you should be good when reassembling the pump

5. spmracing

spmracing Guest

I'm rebuilding mine.. I think i have everything except where the little spring goes.. Please inform me where to put it?

6. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Spring

There is one that goes under the cap top to the assembly that the cap slides back and forth on