• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 stops printing midway thru

Grafix USA

Today I was printing some posters and the first 2 printed just fine, now they get about 40% through the print and stop printing. The LCD on the printer still says "PRINTING" but nothing happens. I have rebooted everyting and reopened the file and reprinted and it won't print past about 40%.

Any idea what may be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

David

Grafix USA

Ok, so I ran a totally different print through and it ran just fine. I then ran my original print through and now its running fine. Computers... go figure!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to everyone!

Grafix USA

Ok, this has started again. It now seems to be on prints that once printed just fine. Any ideas on what may be causing this. It's almost like its out of memory, but its hooked up to a CAT5 cable.

Stealth Ryder

It is ovbiously a communication issue. In Flexi go to Help then software updates and download the Service Pac. Among other things it addresses this issue as well. You should be running Flexi 8.6v2 with service Pac 1 at this point.

Grafix USA

Its odd, it is hit and miss and when it will complete a job and not. I'm wasting a lot of material. I guess I'm going to have to have SW come out and run through it.

I'm running FlexiSign Pro 8.5v1 and there are no updates available.

Dang computers!

PMG

I'm running FlexiSign Pro 8.5v1 and there are no updates available.

Dang computers!
thats your issue...contact SAI for your free upgrade to 8.6...that version had allot of bad issues and they offered a free upgrade to 8.6....im running 8.6v2 build 1472 and 90% of all the issues i had in 8.5 are no more!!!

luggnut

i had my printer hooked up thru at router and had this problem... it would changed the IP address or something. after i hooked it straight to the computer no problems.

Compilla

Ok, this has started again. It now seems to be on prints that once printed just fine. Any ideas on what may be causing this. It's almost like its out of memory, but its hooked up to a CAT5 cable.

Is hibernation ON ?
Have you checked your Power Management Settings in Windows ?

I will contact SAi or your dealer in order to get the 8.6v2 update.

Grafix USA

Thanks guys. I'm downloading the upgrade now. I have it connected driect to the computer with crossover cable and my power settings are all set so that nothing hibernates on the computer; not even screen saver. Its odd that it was never a problem until I reinstalled Flexi after upgrading to Windows 7. Hopefully the 8.6v2 will take care of it.

Thanks again. I'll post my results once I try it out.

Compilla

Once the installation is done, open the program, go to Help menu->Check for Updates and download the latest Service Pack.

Grafix USA

I've emailed SAI but I'm having a problem getting it to install. I have tried both from the downloaded file and a disk.

It gives me the following error:

“ERROR: CD Burned Incorrectly. Support for long filenames not enabled.”

Any ideas?

Compilla

I burned it to a DVD and also tried running it from my desktop. Does it need to be a CD?

It won't fit on a DC, it needs to go into a DVD.

If SAi gave you a link to download Flexi all you need to do it is download the file, unzip it and run the autorun.exe

PS.- Their Download does not have any ICC profiles .
I will request a full DVD

Grafix USA

It won't fit on a DC, it needs to go into a DVD.

If SAi gave you a link to download Flexi all you need to do it is download the file, unzip it and run the autorun.exe

PS.- Their Download does not have any ICC profiles .
I will request a full DVD

Yes, I ran the autorun.exe and it started, asked me what language and then gave me the error I indicated above. I may try to download it again and see if there was a glitch in the download.

DetailsGS

Printer stoping

i had the same problem with my falcon.
The fix was to adjust a "potetiomiter" on the mother board.
There was a service bulletin explaining how.
Not as scary as it sounds. 20 minutes and a multimeter.

Stealth Ryder

i had the same problem with my falcon.
The fix was to adjust a "potetiomiter" on the mother board.
There was a service bulletin explaining how.
Not as scary as it sounds. 20 minutes and a multimeter.

Completely different electronics than the Outdoor machine... Could be the file as well...