• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 works fine but does not print

Daveg123

Hi Everyone
printer not printing after cleaning. Goes through the motiond fine but not printing . Ink is at printhead and visible through cleaning pump tubes when cleaning. Removed printhead and gently pushed cleaner fluid through head acheiving a "shower". reconnected head checkinmg cables etc, still not printing. Heard that printhead fuse could be blown. Where is it and is it hard to replace. Could I have damaged the printhead by manualy cleaning it. Can anyone help me with this problem. Regards Dave

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The fuse is on the main board and is labeled F2. It is located very near the edge of the board next to the large black metal piece that sticks up off the board. Depending on the year your printer was made, the fuse is either soldered on or socketed. My guess on a 1204 is that it is solder only. If ink is in the head and flowing through the maintenance station, the fuse is the problem with almost 100% certainty.

Could you have caused damage to the head by flushing it? Yes but most likely not. The main reason flushed heads fail is because you pushed too hard, got solution or ink on the electronics, and/or used the wrong solution to flush. Otherwise, people flush heads all the time with success.

bilge

The fuse is on the main board and is labeled F2. It is located very near the edge of the board next to the large black metal piece that sticks up off the board. Depending on the year your printer was made, the fuse is either soldered on or socketed. My guess on a 1204 is that it is solder only. If ink is in the head and flowing through the maintenance station, the fuse is the problem with almost 100% certainty.

Dear Vander J. I have exact same problem with Roland RA640. I sold this printer to my friend early this year. When he replaced the PH, he put head flex data cables in wrong order. i.e I wrote number on them 1,2,3,4 but he connected as 4,3,2,1. I told him to replace mainboard and new PH. But he's very short of money now. Could you tell me which fuse he should look at. It might save him at least 1300 bucks. You know the printer has same board as RE640 and VS640.

Daveg123

VJ 1204 works fine but does not print

Could you have caused damage to the head by flushing it? Yes but most likely not. The main reason flushed heads fail is because you pushed too hard, got solution or ink on the electronics, and/or used the wrong solution to flush. Otherwise, people flush heads all the time with success.

Hi Vander J
Thank you for the info. Do you know what amperage the F2 fuse would be. Regards Dave

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Dear Vander J. I have exact same problem with Roland RA640. I sold this printer to my friend early this year. When he replaced the PH, he put head flex data cables in wrong order. i.e I wrote number on them 1,2,3,4 but he connected as 4,3,2,1. I told him to replace mainboard and new PH. But he's very short of money now. Could you tell me which fuse he should look at. It might save him at least 1300 bucks. You know the printer has same board as RE640 and VS640.

Roland generally uses the same fuse as Mutoh and labels the fuse F2 usually. Sometimes it can be F3 but I don't work on a lot of the new Rolands so I am not 100%. Test all the fuses you see for continuity and it if one is bad, replace it.

bilge

Roland generally uses the same fuse as Mutoh and labels the fuse F2 usually. Sometimes it can be F3 but I don't work on a lot of the new Rolands so I am not 100%. Test all the fuses you see for continuity and it if one is bad, replace it.
Thanks a lot. I will tell my friend he'd order fuses on the mainboard labeled F2 and F3 and replace them anyway. I've seen fuses cost less than 10 bucks. :rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll:

rrd

Might as well add to this thread. Picked up a used 1204 for crazy cheap. Was not working when I got it. Printed magenta at first, now have it printing magenta and a little cyan. Replaced maint station and dampers. Have a manifold coming. I believe the problem is, air in the lines on one side of each color. I have an Mutoh Outdoor jr that's going on 12years of printing and as long as I can pull ink with a syringe it works. This one.... not the case. Runs inks thru during clean, ink fills and I can pull ink as well but only prints the magenta (Cyan start very light) Thinking air in lines has to be coming from the manifold because lines are full from cartridge all the way to about 3 inches above dampers and dampers are new. Magenta has no bubbles. So question is before I pull manifold is there and unobtainable gasket in there that I need to be aware of?

By the way talked to guy at the head refurb 911 and he's backed up 400 heads!!!

Daveg123

Hi everyone once again my Mutoh VJ1204 is fixed. Thankyou to everyone especially Vander J. After replacing the print head and still no joy I decided what I should have done in the first place and replace the F2fuse in the motherboard. It really wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be. Instead of replacing the fuse with the standard fuse I soldered two wires where the fuse was and connected them to a fuse holder I installed in the back of the machine. Now if the fuse blows again I only have to unscew the lid of the fuse holder and slip in a new one, instead of taking out the motherboard again. Hope this helps other people with the same problem
Regards Dave. I can send photos if needed.

Olga

Hi everyone once again my Mutoh VJ1204 is fixed. Thankyou to everyone especially Vander J. After replacing the print head and still no joy I decided what I should have done in the first place and replace the F2fuse in the motherboard. It really wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be. Instead of replacing the fuse with the standard fuse I soldered two wires where the fuse was and connected them to a fuse holder I installed in the back of the machine. Now if the fuse blows again I only have to unscew the lid of the fuse holder and slip in a new one, instead of taking out the motherboard again. Hope this helps other people with the same problem
Hi Dave,
how it looks? this fuse holder, I'm strugling to find it , can you send a foto please ? my email stampaok@gmail.com
Thankss, Olga

Hate2wait

Can you please post a photo of what you did for the fuse. I’m having the same issue. Or you can email me the pic at hoodsigns369@gmail.com
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk