• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vj 1204

Hi,
Just got new problem. Is any body have answer for this. I would really appreciate if I got any answer. It print and all the sudden it print a black strip and keep printing. I stop and try to print with different file than after 2 inches its print black and cymk strip on left and right edges. I have no clue what is going on. Please help. see attached picture.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150812_161911[1].jpg
    20150812_161911[1].jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 20150812_161904[1].jpg
    20150812_161904[1].jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 20150812_155936[1].jpg
    20150812_155936[1].jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 121

heyskull

Head Cable and possibly Print head.
Ink contaminates the cable and circuitry of the head and causes shorts.

SC

vj 12404

Head Cable and possibly Print head.
Ink contaminates the cable and circuitry of the head and causes shorts.

SC

Thank you SC, I will try changing the head cable and find out. Some one mentioned that it could be trailing cable as well?
dishhobby

heyskull

When the head was replaced was a new head cable fitted?
If not I would probably suspect the cable but print heads can throw some dangerous errors.
The big issue is that if their is a fault with the head it could damage the main board.
Maybe a good idea to get a new head, flush the old one and leave as a spare.

SC

Ok I change the head cable, first I got error 085 than I unplugged the cable and reconnect the firmly, the printer boot up properly and I did cleaning and it did cleaning very nice. when I did nozzel print check and the head went to the left and stop on the way back and shoot an ERR 074. did not print any thing. Don't understand. please help. thank CS

Geshkin

It looks your printhead is dead. But for make a sure you can check all flat cables (from mainboard to carriage board and head). It possible bad connection on mainboard, of bended pins on head cable. Please check F2 fuse on mainboard too.

Changed head cable. Check F2 fuse, working. Great now it does perfect cleaning. I did about 6 time cleaning. In the cleaning process it fill the cap with ink. But the suppose to spray the ink before it start print, it is not doing it. Also it is not print either. I don't know what is going on?

Geshkin

You can check F6 and F7 fuses in socket also. But problem can be in soldered fuses: F1, F3, F4, F5 (black or brown cylinders). You have to remove mainboard for check these fuses because contacts on back side.
Sygnal to head you can check in Diagnostic menu. Menu->Test->HeadSignal. Here is possible set the parameters and make a sure head working or not. It possible to move printhead manyally on the media and make this test. You can hear sound or see ink firing on media.
Last test - install and test your printhead on the other printer.

Thanks for great instruction. My fault I was reading F6 fuse as F2. My mistake. Finally I put new F2 fuse and got my Nozzel check printed. It printed all check marks but when the was going back towards caping station and it stop in the middle give me an error E74. It has to do with CR problem. Any solution? Once again thank for the great advice. Looking forward for some more.

You can check F6 and F7 fuses in socket also. But problem can be in soldered fuses: F1, F3, F4, F5 (black or brown cylinders). You have to remove mainboard for check these fuses because contacts on back side.
Sygnal to head you can check in Diagnostic menu. Menu->Test->HeadSignal. Here is possible set the parameters and make a sure head working or not. It possible to move printhead manyally on the media and make this test. You can hear sound or see ink firing on media.
Last test - install and test your printhead on the other printer.

Geshkin

Source of this CR problem can be:
- scratch or grease or dust on T-Fence strip;
- dust or parts of hair on CR-Encoder;
- wrong tension of CR Belt;
- bad connection of J207 CR Board connector;
- broken CR Motor (electric collector inside);
- pulley on the motor not fixed and can be move on shaft.

First of all you have to check T-Fence very carefuly for scrath or dust. What about place where carriage stops? Is it same plase always or different?
You can try Power Off the printer and move carriage manually to left side. And Power ON. Printer should returm carriage to capping station. Is stops on not in this case?

Great the printer is cleaning very good now but I do a nozzle check It print all the 4 color nozzle check boxes with lines accept magenta is printing the right one only. Left box does not get printed I can see 2 yellow light line and it suppose to be printing 2 boxes with lines. Did cleaning about 7-10 time same result. Change 2 magenta dampers with new one after few cleaning same result. Any clue what could be wrong now. Thanks,
Dishhobby

Hile
thanks for your quick reply, here some pics of nozzel check. Every color should print 2 boxes of lines but megenta is printing 1. the first one is printing top and bottom of the box some yellow lines. that it. I have print 4 feet vinyle I can see there less megenta ink. It print pretty good.

Dishhobby
Can you please show nozzle check?

Attachments

• 20150820_105654[1].jpg
    20150820_105654[1].jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 72

Geshkin

We can see yellow lines through all printout.
Maybe flatcables bad connection on printhead, carriage board or mainboard.
Or flatcable pins jammed. Or printhead fault.
Please disconnect and check again flatcable pins.
If all OK, you have to replace printhead.

Here is the picture attached I got the printer back, but it print yellow background with every single print. What is causing this?
Please advise. Thanks,

Attachments

• 20150901_211617.jpg
    20150901_211617.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20150901_211628.jpg
    20150901_211628.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 63

heyskull

I am looking at this issue again and still in my opinion the fault is the print head.
You seem to be avoiding changing the print head which I well understand is the most expensive part.
But unless you have a spare working machine to swap the head too you will never know.
Probably their has been a splash around where the head cable plugs in to the head and this has caused a short.

SC

Some one told me that to change the 3 trailing cables they some time get short or cracked. It can cause the same problem. Is this can happen?

I am looking at this issue again and still in my opinion the fault is the print head.
You seem to be avoiding changing the print head which I well understand is the most expensive part.
But unless you have a spare working machine to swap the head too you will never know.
Probably their has been a splash around where the head cable plugs in to the head and this has caused a short.

SC