• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1304, SCP1400, ONYX ... questions, questions ...

messmedia

I got me a deal yesterday, from official Mutoh dealer for this area:

MUTOH VJ 1304 printer (12600 eur = 17000 USD)
MUTOH SC-PRO 1400 cutter (5990 eur = 8100 USD)
Discounted - 16500 eur = 22300 USD

... but gotta decide QUICK ('till the end of a month)

I was provided with samples also, - needless to say print was awesome, but, contour cut was pretty good too, it even has an option to cut THROUGH vinil (like sawing) which is good option for me (gonna use it for bumper-stickers etc.)
So, what are Your opinions, for cuter espetialy, how is it on long runs? Also, please, share some thoughts on prices too, since the printer comes a little higher than my offer for ROland's Versa art 540, and the difference is rip, which is included in roland, but for Mutoh, I gotta buy it seperately.

...Which brings me to another question: I was adviced by the dealer to go with ONYX ripcenter - 1.5k eur. I saw they also sell ONYX postershop, and from specifications, I think it has all things neccesary for work. So, what is real difference between these two? What do I get more with RipCenter compared to PosterShop? Do I have better option for rip software for my Mutoh?

Expecting Your kind answers ... - and Thank You in advance :{)

messmedia

... nobody have this SC-PRO 1400 cutter?
.. Some thoughts about onyx software - postershop or ripcenter??

Please?! :{)

heyskull

We have a Mutoh SC 1400 and to be quite honest it aint the best plotter in the world.
Using it for print n cut it can run out!!!
Seems to eat knife blades.
Not as accurate as our big Graphtec.
I have had a few people say the mimaki is a better plotter for the Valuejet (we have a 1604 which is 64" wide).
We dont use the sheet off function ("it even has an option to cut THROUGH vinil") as it destroys the cutting mat.
We used to use Signlabs inbuilt RIP but this machine came with Wasatch and I think Wasatch is superb.
The Valuejet is a fantastic machine we have had ours for 1.5 years and no problems, the prints are stunning and it is cheap to run.

A little note when buying a printer/plotter work out what size you need and then buy the bigger model!
We done just that and are glad we did as the bigger machine has been used a lot more than we ever thought.

Hope this helps
SC:cool1: