• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1324 Nozzle issue

JayMathewson

I just replaced the maintenance station. When I run a nozzle check I have two spots that have about a 1/8" gap in the black only. it is the bottom right line on the right side block and the top left line of the left block. I have done initial charges, small charges, long cleans, normal cleans, saturated a rag and let it sit for 1/2 hour and done another cleaning.. enough to use a complete set of inks.. Anyone have any other ideas as how to get these back? I uploaded an image. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1610.JPG
    IMG_1610.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 287

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So you are going to kick yourself but that is how it should look! It staggers the nozzles so they are easier to see.

JayMathewson

So you are going to kick yourself but that is how it should look! It staggers the nozzles so they are easier to see.
I understand that, however if you look close in the left side block of lines, the top one is missing about the last 1/8". this is what I am trying to get back. the other places come and go

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I understand that, however if you look close in the left side block of lines, the top one is missing about the last 1/8". this is what I am trying to get back. the other places come and go

Oh got it. Basically nozzles don't fire for 2 main reasons. 1. They are clogged which normally a new maintenance station would fix but not always. Sometimes a clog is too stuck to be pulled out. Manually flushing with cleaning solution and a syringe could blow the clog out but can also damage the head so it's a last resort. 2. They are physically shut due to a head strike. These are unrecoverable. It's pretty common on older heads to have 1 or more permanently shut nozzle.

JayMathewson

Is having one nozzle shut like that a reason for changing a print head? Here is what lead up to this... Last wed I got a wiper error, ordered a new maintenance station. put a cloth with cleaning solution under the head. came back in on friday and all inks were empty and waste container was full. Put in new inks and ran a little charge and nozzle check.. All was fine. Part came on tuesday, replaced and now have this issue.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
One nozzle usually doesn't affect the print too much. Most people will run a head that has multiple nozzles out for a long time due to the cost of a head. Sometimes you get lucky and the nozzle just has an air bubble in it and it works itself out over time. I wouldn't think about changing the head unless it really messes up your prints which it shouldn't really. In that case I would try the flush before buying a head. It's worth a shot.

Jaime IL

One nozzle usually doesn't affect the print too much. Most people will run a head that has multiple nozzles out for a long time due to the cost of a head. Sometimes you get lucky and the nozzle just has an air bubble in it and it works itself out over time. I wouldn't think about changing the head unless it really messes up your prints which it shouldn't really. In that case I would try the flush before buying a head. It's worth a shot.

How do you get an air bubble out of a line?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How do you get an air bubble out of a line?

A cleaning cycle should pull air out of the ink system. Sometimes it could take 2 cycles but in a working system it should pull it right out. If the bubble stays in the ink line after cleanings it usually means the air is getting in somewhere. Usually it's the connection between the ink line and the damper but it can be anywhere in the machine. Usually if I have a persistent air bubble I will change the damper and o-ring.