• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1604 clogged nozzles

hummboxx

Hello everyone!
We have a Mutoh VJ 1604 and have had issues with the blacks dropping out, leaving terrible banding. When I run the nozzle check it is clear to see that the black is the issue. I have attached an image of the nozzle pattern along with this post. We spoke to a service tech ($200 for two 5 minute calls) and he said to try a new black ink cartridge, did that, no help. Followed some instructions on how to clean the printhead capping station and replaced the wiper blade, and by the way, I know my way around printers pretty well and fixed numerous ones in the past, this did not help. Aside from replacing the printhead, is there anything that one of you may know that I am missing? I would really appreciate any help.
attachment.php

Attachments

• NozzlePattern.jpg
    NozzlePattern.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 219

heyskull

Replace the maintenance station. This is a sealing issue. The maintenance station needs changed at least once every two years, if not sooner. SC

try pulling ink from the little tubes that lead the waste container. if you hear suction when pulling, then your cap is not sealing. It could also be the damper.

DYNAMICGRAPHICS

Dynamic Graphics
vj-1604 mutoh "print issue"

Mutoh vj-1604 not printing any colors.
Tried cleaning head, pulled ink from each damper still nothing...
Any suggestions?

DYNAMICGRAPHICS

Dynamic Graphics
Printing Issue PLEASE HELP

PLEASE HELP!!!

Mutoh vj-1604 not printing any colors.
Tried cleaning head, pulled ink from each damper still nothing...
Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
DYNAMICGRAPHICS