• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1604 Keeps Dropping Connection

HaroldDesign

I start printing fine. About 6" into the print I keep losing the connection. Is this some kind of buffering issue? I'm not quite sure where to start.

MVIP

Switch should be ok! Sounds like it's losing your data. We had a similar problem when we hooked up ours through a router. Ours runs through a switch now and everything is fine.

-Matt

HaroldDesign

Everything is fine now - THANKS!!
I ran directly from the pc with no problems, so I knew it was somehow a network issue. Since I can't run through my desktop switch (too slow) I figured it had something to do with the main server. Basically it was choking and bogging things down. Added drive space and everything is good.

Stealth Ryder

Ever considered the Hard Drive going to sleep, if it happens at roughly the same point each time this would be something to look at. I have seen this happen more than once, turned this feature of Microsoft Windows off and all was good after that... Just a thought...