• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1604 PhotoPrint SE 6.1v2

randya

What is horrible about it?

You can choose fine (super fine) for gradients.

If it is color then probably profile or color management.

Raxxis

The steps from one colour to the the next usually don't come out smooth, it shows steps. In short there are visible lines between the levels of the gradient.

John Butto

photoshop

These are the best methods to non-destructively apply the necessary noise to a gradient.

1 - apply a pattern overlay layer style. First you generate a noise pattern (6 or 4% monochromatic noise applied to a neutral 128,128,128 grey ) and blur this noise by a tiny amount 1 or 2 pixels. Then make a seemless pattern from this about 200 pixels square. Then go to the pattern overlay layer style. Blend the pattern using Overlay or Soft Light at 70% opacity.

2 - make a new layer. Fill with the pattern generated above or just fill the layer with gray and noise/blur it. Blend 70% using Soft Light or Overlay

Raxxis

Thanks. But what will I do if I have 20-30 different files to print? It would take lots of extra hours :D

randya

The steps from one colour to the the next usually don't come out smooth, it shows steps. In short there are visible lines between the levels of the gradient.

Rasterize your gradients and save out to a tiff file from your favorate graphics program (I.e. Photoshop)

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
This is a known problem in Flexi and Photo Print if you print with FMXPress Diffusion. Go to RIP and Print, click on the Advanced tab, if you have the latest version it will be an icon with three ink drops on it, and change the Dither Type to Error Diffusion or Error Diffusion 2. For best results use a profile that was created with Error Diffusion, Error Diffusion 2 or SO Diffusion.

Chris Philipps

Last edited by a moderator: