• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1604 printhead communication problem

pancarta.es

Hello everyone

I have a VJ 1604 and i have had a fair bit of problems with it.
Anyway, my maintenance station lost pressuare and before i realized it i thought it was the dampers. So i changed dampers and without pressure no print. Again i failed to realize this so i disconnected the printhead and cleaned it. Reinstalled the head printed 0. This eventually made me realize the real problem and i replaced the maintenance station pump. All good, head firing on all heads. This is were the real problem starts. If i print nozzle check, i dont get the normal fine lines that indicates the status of the nozzles, instead i get a thick dark green 3cm high line with some colors in the beginning and the end of the line. It seems like the head is firing uncontrolled.
So i changed the controll cable to the head board, i changed the head board all with the same problem. Now i am lead to believe it is a fuse on the main board that has popped.

I would really appreciate any thought on how to solve my problem

David