• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1614 air inkline issue

mortil

Hey guys. giving this a try.

i have a VJ-1614 that have been working sweet for a very long time.

a month ago i changed the pump and capping station . and like a week ago i got problems with the pump not sucking ink as it should. it ended up me pulling the pump to pieces and found that one hose was bad and the plastic in the pump had been damaged.

well. i did change it all and sucked ink down to the head again (new dampers and stuff from digiprintsupplies) nossle check looks fine so printed a test and it started changing color along the way.

when it had printed finished i had air in my lines again. and it didnt help how much i draw that damn ink out thru the head.

do anyone have a good answer ?

the maintenence station is pumping good so it is sealed and nice. but why dont i get ink thru the lines but i get air wandering up in to the lines :(

GTSTech_1

When you do a cleaning cycle and it brings back the nozzles, only to lose the nozzle during a print, then I would look hard at the damper connections, the dampers themselves (have gotten larger O-rings in 3rd party suppilers before), and cracks in the manifold.

Just my .02

mortil

When you do a cleaning cycle and it brings back the nozzles, only to lose the nozzle during a print, then I would look hard at the damper connections, the dampers themselves (have gotten larger O-rings in 3rd party suppilers before), and cracks in the manifold.

Just my .02
Thanks man. i will take a look.

it is realy irritating because it prints perfect in every other way. i Thought the head was on its way out but it prints awesome except this problem.