• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1614 Head Replacement

claplante

Hello im new to Signs 101, We have a VJ-1614 that i replaced the head and cannot get ink to flow. I have a service manual but its not very clear on what to do after the new head is installed. I put the old head back in to make sure i didnt blow any thing and it printed till the ink in the head was used up. thanks chris laplante

Graphics2u

Welcome, did you try several head cleanings to pull the ink through the new head? Did you replace dampers to? Did you change the head rank? Is there Ink in the Dampers?

Last edited:

claplante

I did try several head cleanings, maybe not enough, i was afraid i would burn the printhead up with no ink in it. i did not change the head rank for the new head, but i will when i put the new PH back in, When you say dampers do you mean the valves above the PH.

thanks Chris

Graphics2u

When you say dampers do you mean the valves above the PH.

thanks Chris
They are white, fit onto the head manifold, and should have ink in them. Maybe your capping station is not getting a good seal on the head and that's why it's not pulling ink through.

claplante

Good News, Between gravity, sitting two days and several head cleanings i have my old head printing better than it was. ill try another soaking and several cleanings before i give up on the old head, I got invovled after the new head was bought.

thanks chris

randya

Sounds like your capping station is not up to spec.
How much liquid are you getting drainging into the waste tank during your cleaning cycles?