• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1614 steel belt snapped (also need manual please)

LenXIII

Hi Everyone,

Friday during a print my steel belt snapped. The printer is going on 4 years now and has never had a single part other than wipers and sponges replaced. Mutoh techs say that it is very uncommon for a belt to snap after it's first week in production. I don't see anything that could have caused the break, nothing changed in it's tension other than normal stretching of the steel over 4 years. The break in the belt is a clean break (not sure if that's common or not.) Anyway - I ordered a new belt and it came already (no thanks to Mutoh, +1 for GEI, -1 for fellers)

I want to get this belt in and get running asap, I just wanted to hop on here with all you Mutoh users to see i I should be aware or concerned of anything first. The last thing I want is the new belt to break. I could also use a user's manual, the one that would show how to replace this belt if there is one. I'm pretty sure I know what to do, but it never hurts to read up as well.

Thanks guys, looking forward to your responses!

Tel

Sorry can't help, first time I have heard of the steel belt breaking. Hope you get sorted
regards
Tel

FatCat

Randya or Stealthrider are Mutoh gurus. I would PM them and see if they can give you some pointers. Please be sure to post back to put this knowledge into the forums.

Robbierdam

I had that problem as well with my 1614.
Service within 24 hours and problems solved.

costs ca. € 150 euro is $300usd.

Robert M

Belt

Only seen that once on a 1604. I recall I taped the new belt to the old one to assist in feeding it back around the printer. It would be better if you had some help as you don't want to put any bends on the new belt.