• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1617H Help

JohnnySanders

Ok, before the holidays we got a brand new Mutoh VJ 1617H Hybrid Printer. We can print to aluminum and vinyl banner and mesh banner and some other materials just fine. However, when we print on corrugated plastic material (4mil) we get lots of trash on the heads and it drags across the material and causes some pretty ugly marks on the material. This is a waste of material and ink. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this kind of problem with this printer. Also having some quality issues. Am I alone in this? Is it environment? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

GTSTech_1

Confirm the head height is adjusted (when initializing).....I had a customer with a VJ-1608H (Which was the previous model to the 1617) that swore his head was out of alignment. Once I was onsite, I noticed he never hit the enter button to change the height, when he did hit enter his alignment issues went away. As for the striking across the board, confirm that there is no ink build up on the ramps, and outer edges of printhead.........use a flash light to confirm.

My .02

GTSTech_1