• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1618 Parts Manual

MagnetStew

Anyone have a parts manual for the VJ-1618? Having a disagreement with Mutoh about a part. The grit roller for the 1618 is identical to the 1624 but Mutoh keeps telling me, and has sent me, a grit roller for the 1604. The 1604 is a two part roller while the grit roller for the 1618 and 1624 is a single piece unit. Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I can't send you the manual as a Mutoh dealer but I took a look and the 1618 and 1604 print feed systems are essentially identical. They use the same motor, encoder disc, speed reduction belt and grit roller. When assembled the grit roller looks like one piece but there is a break on the left side where two pieces come together to make one unit.

MagnetStew

I can't send you the manual as a Mutoh dealer but I took a look and the 1618 and 1604 print feed systems are essentially identical. They use the same motor, encoder disc, speed reduction belt and grit roller. When assembled the grit roller looks like one piece but there is a break on the left side where two pieces come together to make one unit.

Then I have a mutant machine. It was the last demo model that Mutoh had and was a replacement for our original 1618 that was under warranty.....went bad and they couldn't fix it. I will just get a roller for the 1624.

I know what you mean about the two piece break down....both our 1604's are like that. Thanks.