• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vj-1624 extreme overspray on cyan

Colinm

Hopefully someone can help with a problem I have.

We printed an image yesterday to find an extreme overspray on the cyan, it almost looks like it's dragging a hair and any colour that's heavy with cyan is banding. I've tried cleaning everything and although I can get all the jets firing, all be it after a small test print, I'm not getting the vertical line that is normally seen in the nozzle check. I'm also getting a cyan line down the edge of the media guard, as if the head is constantly overspraying, when printing a cyan block.

I've taken the dampers out and, although I'm not sure what I'm looking for, they seemed ok. The head looks to be ok except one time I did notice a pool of cyan as shown in one of the attached images.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Could it be the print head that's gone?

Thanks for any help!

(For some reason the images attached are rotating. There should be, when coming off the printer, a vertical line between the 2 banks of nozzle checks and the print-head image is upside down.)

IMG_2974.JPG IMG_2980.JPG IMG_2979.JPG

Colinm

A bit of an update on this in that I've noticed that the cyan jets are all printing a bit late. The image attached shows they aren't quite hitting the black.

As all the nozzles seem to be physically printing and that it's only the cyan that's printing late I'm beginning to think it may be a board issue. Has anyone got any ideas?

IMG_2976.JPG

Colinm

Hello,

The encoder strip seems to be in good condition and I've given it a good clean to be sure.
Printing images tend to be ok however colours that require a lot of cyan have the horizontal overspray.

Here is an image showing the maintenance head adjustment pattern.
IMG_3006-4 — Postimage.org

Colinm

We're running the Mutoh branded UMS inks with the bulk ink system. They have been a bit problematic over the last couple of years in that they can clog the waste pipe.

It sounds like it could well be the same issue as Bug.

Would there be any harm in taking out the head and soaking it in cleaning solution over night? This would be the last resort before I order a new head.

rogermiro

rogermiro
We have also problems whit the ums bulk inks. Only the cyaan gives spray, and de nozzles are gone. Mutoh says "this is the problem of an open bulksystem" Now we have for the cyaan ums cartridges. The same problem. I have changes 3 times a printhead. Mutoh looks at the other site.

Roger