• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1624 printing issues

citti34

When the VJ 1624 is on my company's network we can't complete a print job during busy business hours.. We were able to print fine after hours... So we ended up putting the VJ 1624 on it's own network (with the rip) and we were able to print 100% of the time. Any ideas/tips/tricks to get a VJ 1624 to print on a busy network?

tgrinds

I would take it off the network and print via crossover cable. The printer is what pays the bills. No need to jeopardize it. That's my 2 cents.

When the VJ 1624 is on my company's network we can't complete a print job during busy business hours.. We were able to print fine after hours... So we ended up putting the VJ 1624 on it's own network (with the rip) and we were able to print 100% of the time. Any ideas/tips/tricks to get a VJ 1624 to print on a busy network?

Seems pretty clear that your network infrastructure needs to be upgraded to handle faster throughput speed. At least 100TX, if not 1000TX (gigabit).

Agreed on the Crossover Cable. Better still, install a second ethernet card in the PC that runs the printer and then use one card to connect to the printer (by crossover) and the other to connect out to your file servers, rest on network etc.